April 21, 2023
The Art of Furniture Flipping: How to Turn Trash into Treasure
Lauren's 12 Days of Flipmas recap includes flipping a $45 Goodwill dresser for $550, green chairs for $300 profit, and two trashed dressers cleaned up with Dixie Belle paint. She also repurposed a curtain to update the fronts of drawers and used surf prep sanders to strip back finishes before painting with stain-blocking primer. Lauren made a total profit of $850 after selling both dressers together at one thousand dollars plus additional delivery fee down to Kansas City.
I FLIPPED 12 Pieces of Furniture in 1 Month & THIS IS HOW MUCH I MADE!
Video by https://www.youtube.com/@FurnitureFlippingTeacher
- The video is a recap of the 12 days of flipmas where Lauren flipped 12 pieces of furniture in December.
- On day one, she flipped a rundown dresser from Goodwill for $45 and repurposed a curtain to become the fronts of the drawers.
- She used surf prep sander with an 80 grit sandpaper to strip back the original finish and painted it with boss stain blocking primer before painting it with burlap color from Dixie Bell paint company.
- She sold the dresser for $550, making a profit of $430.
- On day two, she flipped green chairs that she found at Goodwill for $15 each by removing their skirts and cleaning all upholstery before selling them on Facebook Marketplace for $300 total profit.
- On day three, she flipped a 60s dresser that she had gotten several months back on Facebook Marketplace by using surf prep sander to sand its surface and taping off its top portion before painting it emerald green color from Lily Moon paints opulent all-in-one formula.
- She listed this French provincial dresser at $450 but has not received any bites yet as people have mixed feelings about its dipped look design.
- On day five, Lauren got free trashed dressers from her follower which needed quite some cleanup work including stripping back their tops using wood filler and priming them with Dixie Belle's boss stain blocker before painting them black Sands silk paint color also from Dixie Belle's collection
- She stained legs with Tennessee whiskey gel stain while spraying hardware gold then reattaching original hardware after drilling new holes for missing bottom drawer pieces giving her total profits of eight hundred fifty dollars after selling both dressers together at one thousand dollars plus additional delivery fee down to Kansas City
- On day six,she bought tall white dresser sixty dollars worth at goodwill store roughened up surface using surf prep sander with 120 grit and sprayed it with Dixie Belle's white boss stain blocking primer before painting it salt water color from Dixie Bell paint company.
Shulex is a global business data insights company and an AI-powered applications company. We capture multimodal consumer voices from across the web and leverage GPT AI’s powerful analytics to provide our global clients with intelligent, scientific, and efficient consumer insights. We also provide a free Amazon ChatGPT browser extension, a custom VOC consumer insights platform, an Amazon category analysis report, and a one-stop e-commerce customer experience workbench. From AI data analysis to AI business application, we provide a full range of services to effectively help global sellers achieve business strategic planning, product planning and solutions, e-commerce operation optimization, and customer experience improvement. If you want to experience the power of AI, try our free tools at