Preparation before Listing
Summary of selling points
The selling point of the product is definitely not only at the functional level, we need to summarize the selling points of the product from various aspects such as function, technology, performance, design, specifications, parameters, raw materials, safety, compatibility, etc. This stage of preparation is not needed to determine whether the selling points exceed the competition, but a detailed list.
Compare to competitors
Collecting competitor information also needs to be very detailed, and we need to do two things. First, the detailed parameters of the competitor, such as features, technology, design, parameters, and specifications mentioned before. Secondly, the content keywords of the competitors and sort according to the position and number of keywords. Competitors' detailed parameters are used to compare with our products in the future, and we need to maximize the advantages of our products. And the competitors' keywords are an important reference for our own listings in the future. It is worth noting that the competitors' keywords are dynamic. We need to record all and sort. For example, a keyword, in which position, how many times it appears, and whether it belongs to the category of long-tail words or short-term marketing words. It needs to be recorded in a detailed table.
Analysis of ads keywords
The analysis of advertising terms is different from and needs to be merged with the competitors' keywords. We need to find the cost, search volume, and search trends of keywords from category ad keywords. In future listing work, we have to rely on ROI estimation to determine which keywords need to be included in the title or product description as long tail words; and which do not need to be shown in the listing and should be shown in the ads.
Analyze Consumer perceptions
Customer feedback analysis is one of the most overlooked parts of the process. But as far as listings are concerned, the analysis of consumer feedback is quite important. We need to know that when we use very technical language to describe our products when we are constantly emphasizing the brand tone, consumers may not be able to read it. Because their perception of the category, their perception of the product, and their perception of the brand are different. What we need to do is to collect consumers' feedback, find their purchase motivations and product expectations in it, and at the same time use language they can understand to describe our products.
Step by Step Guide to Listing
Write One Page
"Product One Page" is actually one of the product planning tasks, which is also very important for Listing. In "Product One Page", our product manager needs to explain the following contents in the most concise language:
1) who are the target users of our products,
2) what are the main scenarios of our products, and what pain points or needs they solve,
3) what are the core specifications of our products,
4) what are our selling points that they don't have compared to our competitors,
(5) compare with competitors, what are our selling points beyond their products,
(6) compare with competitors, what are our weaknesses.
This six-part summary is also basically the main framework for future listings.
We need to consider many factors in deciding keywords, including the selling point of our products, category keywords, long tail words, competitors' keywords, consumer search keywords, and feedback keywords. We need to judge and reorganize the product keyword database. For example, the choice of category long-tail words and consumer search terms, used in the product title; competitors keywords and consumer feedback keywords used in our detailed description of the product. For keyword determination, we need to use aggregation thinking because it is not the more redundant content the better. We need to combine similar words and use the consumer's perspective to make the final decision on how to express them. These final keywords are then sorted by listing position, including title, TD, PD, image, video, FAQ, comparison, and parameter list. That's right, we need to use all the positions of the listing, even the FAQ.
A product title is not just a product name, it is an important piece of copy used to describe the product in one sentence and to make it easier for consumers to find. Usually, a product title in a listing is a combination of various keywords. You can refer to the following template: [brand name] + [sub-category common words] + [1 core parameter specification] + [core selling point 1] + [core selling point 2] + [long tail search term]. Example: Anker USB-C to Lightning Cable, 641 Cable (Midnight Black, 6ft), MFi Certified, Powerline III Flow Silicone Fast Charging Cable for iPhone 13 13 Pro 12 11 X XS XR 8 Plus (Charger Not Included)
List Text Description
TD can be understood as a brief description of selling points so that consumers can understand your product most quickly. It is displayed at the top of the page in the listing and is very important for mobile browsing listings. First of all, in terms of paragraphs, we need to follow the structure of 4-6 selling points description and 1 note. 4-6 selling points are usually the best selling points to differentiate from competitors, and we can choose the selling points that are not mentioned in one page to describe the product. In addition, when we find that almost all products in the category describe a certain feature, we need to add it to the TD regardless of whether we have an advantage in this feature because it is likely to be the most basic knowledge of consumers in the category. In terms of the order, we can sort according to the consumer purchase motivation. The last item should be a note, which should describe the product's packaging, compatibility, and warranty policy in the simplest terms.
First of all, we should know that pictures should be combined with TD descriptions to show in a graphic way. Second, in addition to the clear white background picture of the product, the point-of-sale description picture should be as simple and easy to understand as possible. For the point-of-sale description picture, often we can take the following three ways to produce.
(1) technical description chart: more use of icons and data to describe, more use of the contrast method to describe, so as to enhance the readability
(2) Scene atmosphere map: let consumers empathize, directly so that consumers can feel in what scene can use the product
(3) product details: for fashion categories, it is very important. For special cuts or special fabric, details need to be enlarged to show
Secondly, in the text as concise as possible, the typographic structure can be referred to 2-3 words of brand selling points + a phrase description
Amazon will provide many product description templates, and what we need to do is to choose the best presentation and content in the most appropriate location. The following points should be noted in the content production.
1) Important keywords need to be emphasized more, but it does not mean repeated use. We can use different combinations of keywords to show
2) In addition to the secondary display of the product's own selling points, you can also display other selling points, but not more than 10
3) A product has a variety of variants but never does different listings. to maintain consistency in the description
4) Use every position, even including product comparison and parameter descriptions
Do not ignore the added value, because it is likely to be an important reason for the consumer's purchase decision. There are many points that can reflect the added value, such as sales in many countries around the world, serving many customers worldwide, the top ranking of the best seller in many categories, winning very many design awards and patents, recognized by well-known industry experts, many years of product experience, the five-star reputation of the service team, superior to other brands warranty policy, etc.
Here it should be more to show the interaction between you and the consumer, thus leading to more consumer interaction. For example, you can use FAQ to answer many consumers' pre-sales queries, and then you can show a lot of real consumer feedback in your listing to reinforce the strength of your product. Note that it is not for you to get consumer feedback and messages, but to use more PR to show the strength of your brand.
Constant optimization is more important
The Listing needs to change and keep changing. On the one hand, is the optimization of keywords, and on the other hand, is the optimization of the description to improve the sales conversion rate. We often say VOC, is from the consumer's word of mouth to find the optimization point of the product, listing optimization point, and brand optimization point. For example, directly use the Amazon seller ChatGPT tool to achieve a one-second analysis.
The ChatGPT tool for Amazon can help us do amazon listing optimization in terms of copywriting, thus increasing the conversion rate of merchandise sales.
- Find the best way to express: When we describe a product, we often want to be able to describe the product's features and value as comprehensively as possible. We will use a lot of technical languages to describe the capabilities of this product. This approach is likely to be unintelligible to the consumer or not intuitive enough. ChatGPT tool for Amazon to extract amazon listing optimization suggestions from amazon reviews. That meanings, uses the consumer's own language to describe the product. Also after in-depth research of ChatGPT tool for Amazon , Amazon seller can sort the selling points by consumer buying motives, thus making your amazon listing more attractive and improving conversion.
- Find the best keywords: Another role of the ChatGPT tool for Amazon is in keywords. We know that one of the most important jobs of operations is to constantly adjust amazon listing keywords to make them more searchable by consumers. The logic of ChatGPT tool for Amazon , however, is not to list by ads keywords, but by consumer's voice. This approach is more in line with consumer search psychology, and can even help us find high ROI long-tail words.
How does work?
When Amazon seller browse the Amazon listing page, tap on the ChatGPT tool for Amazon in the Google extension. Select the amazon listing optimization suggestion function, the tool will automatically analyze the page and give the amazon listing optimization suggestion directly.