Discover the benefits and drawbacks of selling on Amazon for e-commerce businesses. With a 56.7% share in the US commerce market, Amazon offers access to millions of potential customers without inventory concerns. In 2021, it generated over $470 billion with approximately 230 million monthly visitors from the US alone. Most sellers earn at least $1000 per month, with an average profit margin of 16-20%. While there are pros like exposure to a large audience and cost savings on rent and overhead expenses, downsides include limited control over policies and fees set by Amazon and high competition among sellers.
How Much Profit Amazon Sellers REALLY Make And Is It Worth It?
- The video discusses whether it's worth selling on Amazon for e-commerce businesses.
- Amazon dominates the US commerce market with a 56.7% share.
- Selling on Amazon allows you to showcase your products in front of millions of people without worrying about inventory, making it an ideal sales channel for many sellers.
- Amazon generated over $470 billion in 2021 and gets approximately 230 million US visitors per month.
- Most Amazon sellers earn at least $1000 per month in sales, with over 24,000 earning more than a million dollars per year.
- On average, Amazon sellers make a profit margin of 16-20%, which is significantly higher than brick-and-mortar stores' net profit margin of only 10%.
- Pros of selling on Amazon include exposure to a large audience, access to FBA and Prime shipping benefits, and cost savings on rent and overhead expenses.
- Downsides include limited control over policies and fees set by Amazon, high competition among sellers, FBA fees that can be up to 25-30% of product price, high return rates from customers due to liberal return policy,
- To sell successfully on Amazon: create an account (preferably professional), find profitable products with low competition using BSR or Jungle Scout tool; locate great wholesale suppliers; choose fulfillment method (FBA or fbm); optimize product listings & run PPC ads; expand product line & provide excellent customer service
- Costs associated with selling on amazon vary depending upon factors like marketing plan fulfillment method etc., but generally range between $2000-$3000 for sourcing private label products + referral/FBA/storage/other hidden fees
Shulex is a global business data insights company and an AI-powered applications company. We capture multimodal consumer voices from across the web and leverage GPT AI’s powerful analytics to provide our global clients with intelligent, scientific, and efficient consumer insights. We also provide a free Amazon ChatGPT browser extension, a custom VOC consumer insights platform, an Amazon category analysis report, and a one-stop e-commerce customer experience workbench. From AI data analysis to AI business application, we provide a full range of services to effectively help global sellers achieve business strategic planning, product planning and solutions, e-commerce operation optimization, and customer experience improvement. If you want to experience the power of AI, try our free tools at